Saturday, February 18, 2012

How do you remove the coffee taste from a travel mug?

I have several travel mugs that I often fill with coffee and take with me in the car. The problem is that the cups quickly absorbed the taste of the coffee. Now if I put any other beverage, like tea, in the mugs all I can taste is stale coffee. I do wash my dishes very well with soap and water, so that is not the problem. It is just that the coffee is so strong I guess? Anyway, Can anyone please tell me how to remove this stale coffee taste from my travel mug?How do you remove the coffee taste from a travel mug?Use some baking soda and vinegar - it will make a "volcano" effect first. Fill the mugs and then just leave it and let it sit in the cups overnight. That should take care of it.How do you remove the coffee taste from a travel mug?
I figured it would work. Thank you for the best answer.

Report Abuse

How do you remove the coffee taste from a travel mug?Try filling the cup 1/4 full with vinegar and the rest with water. Let it sit overnight and then rinse and let air dry. Once it's dry, you won't be able to taste it.How do you remove the coffee taste from a travel mug?
Run it through the dishwasher...How do you remove the coffee taste from a travel mug?Try soaking them in bleach water. If that doesnt work get new mugs and only use them for anything but coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment