Saturday, February 18, 2012

When performing freelance work that requires travel to other states, where do you pay taxes?

For example, I claim residency in Florida but have many clients in Atlanta. I travel there for work sometimes but I do not necessarily complete the projects while in the city. Do I pay taxes to Georgia only for the work I complete in Georgia, or not pay taxes to Georgia at all since I claim residency in FL, or pay taxes to Georgia for all of the project since the client is located in GA?



Thanks.When performing freelance work that requires travel to other states, where do you pay taxes?On you tax return you have to count the income recieved from GA and you will have to pay GA for that income. You list FL as you resident state and GA as non-resident. Since FL doesnt have state taxes you will not have to pay state taxes in FL.

No comments:

Post a Comment