Wednesday, February 15, 2012

How is the best way to travel with my puppy?

My miniature American Eskimo Lexy is only four months old. I wish to travel with her on the plane with me (in the cabin). But I have been told that it might stressful experience for her. Any tips?How is the best way to travel with my puppy?For a dog to ride in the cabin it must be in a soft sided carrier, and be able to fit under the seat in front of you. Most all airlines will also charge you for this, usually $50.00 or so.



The dog must remain in the carrier for the duration of the flight, this is federal law.



Some airlines do not even allow dogs in the cabin period.



Policies as to size and weight vary by airline, you should contact the airline you are planning on using and ask them exactly what their policy is.



Some airlines only allow a certain number of dogs on board, so you may need to make a reservation for yours.



Here is a link to a website that should answer many of your questions.



http://www.essortment.com/all/dogstravel鈥?/a>How is the best way to travel with my puppy?talk to your vet and the airlines.How is the best way to travel with my puppy?It depends on how long you and your puppy are gonna fly

i would reccomend that you should put your puppy in a crate with plenty of room

in a temperature controlled enviorment tell the workers to check on him or her back and fourth and

hae plenty of food and water and if that doesnt help you should ask the airlane peopleHow is the best way to travel with my puppy?
It would be less stressful for the dog is she was with you. If she is not too big (I assume cause she is a mini she won't be) she can ride with you. Also the vet can give you some medicine so the puppy can sleep through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment