Monday, January 23, 2012

How to start a correct FOIA (freedom of information act) motion/lawsuit?

I want to file a preliminary injunction/declartory relief lawsuit against the police records division.I want a copy of something pertaining to me that's in their evidence division.They don't want to give it to me.My question is what law can I add in a motion in the "pursuant to..." section of the motion in order to correctly use the right FOIA law and a correct lawsuit. To add, there is no case because there was no evidence during the investigation to accuse me of a crime.How to start a correct FOIA (freedom of information act) motion/lawsuit?Niki



You hire an attorney and he makes a motion for a release or search for information or subpoena. This is in a criminal investigation file. They don't have to give you anything unless you are going to trial and it is used as evidence!



Socceref

No comments:

Post a Comment