Monday, January 30, 2012

I need help filling out a legal form called a Notice of Motion?

I am preparing a pro se Motion to Reconsider / Reargue in Nassau County (NY) Supreme Court in a matrimonial matter, namely division of property. In re-filing my Motion, the Court asked me to fill in 3 more forms: a Notice of Motion, an Affidavit and an Affidavit of Service. I don't know what goes in some of the blanks. If you know of a web-page that would be helpful, let me know. PLease help. Thanks a heap!I need help filling out a legal form called a Notice of Motion?They are pretty simple in idea -- notice of motion is simply a form letting the other side know you are bringing a motion, what the motion is, when and where it will be heard.



An affidavit is any sworn statement testifying to facts. The affidavit of service just swears that you properly provided notice to the other side -- the trick is knowing what constitutes enough notice, and how it has to be served.



As to what the judge wants an affidavit for, it is hard to know. If you stated any facts in your motion, you need to provide an affidavit swearing to the facts you know, and swearing that any documents you submitted as evidence are true and correct copies.I need help filling out a legal form called a Notice of Motion?Man, if you screw those up it will be a major problem for you. Go hire an attorney. I tried to find some templates online but unfortunately there isn't anything to show you how.



sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment